What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file stored in your browser at the use of almost any website. Its purpose is to remember your visit when you return to surf the same website. Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, personalization of content, user statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of cookies is to adapt the web content to your profile and needs, without cookies the offered services of any page would be notably diminished.
What is a cookie not?
A cookie is not a virus, a trojan, a worm, spam or spyware, and it doesn’t open pop-up windows.
What data does a cookie store?
Cookies usually do not store sensible information about you, like credit card or bank information, photographs, ID card or personal information, etc. The stored data is of technical character, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does no associate them with you as a person, but with your browser. So, if you tend to use Internet Explorer and try to surf the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the website does not recognize you as the same person because it actually is associated with the browser, not with the person.
What kinds of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic ones and they recognize, among other things, if it is a human or an automated application browsing, a anonymous or registered user, which are basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic website.
- Analytical cookies: Collect information about the navegation process, the most used sections, consulted products, time zone, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: Show publicity regarding your navegation, country of origin, language, etc.
What are proprietary and third-party cookies?
Proprietary cookies are generated by the visited page whereas third-party cookies are generated by external services or providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if you deactivate cookies?
To have you understand the extent of deactivating cookies, here some examples:
- You will not be able to share content of the website on Facebook, Twitter or on any other social media site.
- The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, usually used by online shops.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of this website, like for example My account, My profile or My orders.
- Online shops: It will be impossible to realize shopping online, it will be necessary to make them by phone or, if exisiting, through a visit to the physical store.
- It will not be possible to personalize your geographical preferences like time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to realize web analysis about visitors and web traffic, which decreases the web competitiveness.
- You will not be able to write in the blog, upload photos, publish comments, or evaluate contents. The website also will not be able to now whether you are human or an automated application which publishes spam.
- It will be impossible to show sectored publicity, diminishing the income from publicity of the website.
Can you delete cookies?
Yes. It is not only possible to delete, but also to block them, in general or in particular for a specific domain.
Cookies used by this website
This website uses the following proprietary cookies:
- Session cookies, to guarantee that the users writting comments on the blog are humans and not automated applications. Through this we fight against spam.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to elaborate statistics about the traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you consent to the processing of information about you through Google. In other words, to exercise any right in this sense you will have to communicate directly with Google.
- Social media: Every social media site uses their own cookies so you are able to use the Like or Share buttons.
Deactivation or deletion of cookies
You can exercise your right of deactivation or deletion of cookies of this website at any time. These activities are different depending of the used browser. Here we present you the links to the instructions of the most popular browsers.
- The web browsers are the tools commissioned to store the cookies and through those you will have to realize your right to the deletion or deactivation of them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies through the mentioned browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so the browser does not forget the decision to not accept them.